The Cortex’s

The cerebral cortex is divided into four sections called the lobes. They’re the frontal lobe, parietal lobe, occipital lobe, and temporal lobe.  The motor cortex is located in the back of the frontal lobe. It is used to move our body. The top of the cortex controls the bottom of our body and the bottom of the cortex controls the top of our body. The sensory cortex is located at the front of our parietal lobe and is used for touch feeling. Every time you touch something,  sensory neurons send information to the thalamus. Then it is sent to the sensory cortex so we can feel it. The visual cortex is located at the occipital lobe. It helps us interpret the information sent to us by our eyes. Our auditory cortex is located in our temporal lobe above our ears and it controls our hearing. That’s all the cortex’s. Hope you give me more challenges about our brain. Thanks for the challenge Pablo.

One thought on “The Cortex’s

1. Hi Mateo, I thought that your blog was very interesting and fun to read. To me what made your blog so creative was that the fact that you were talking about something we do every day as humans. I can relate to this because I get up and walk around and touch things every day. If you want to check out some of my blogs here’s a link. http://alexhgms23.edublogs.org/